January 13, 2015

THE ORIGINAL PAWPAW - LUCAS' PAPAW OINTMENT

 
 
 
I feel a trend coming! When I was flying to Brisbane (Australia) last year, this small red tube kept going around the airplane. One flight attendant put some on her lips, another one on her hands. I finally got a hold of it and was so surprised: Papaw? What the h*** is that? I went looking for the red tube when we arrived and brought home 2 tubes and a jar. Now that other brands have started duplicating this magical stuff, I decided to write about it: Lucas' Papaw Ointment.
 

What is it?
Nothing new! Lucas' Papaw Ointment has been around for over 100 years and is a holy grail for celebrities like Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. The key ingredient in Lucas' Papaw Ointment is: Fermented Papayate - which is called Papaw of Pawpaw. It comes from a plant called Carica Papaia. Sooo.. it's basically fermented fruit. That sounds a bit gross and weird eh? Well, the smell is a bit weird, but the texture is just like vaseline and you can use it the same way.


 
If it's just like vaseline, why is it special?
The special thing about Papaw is that it supposedly heals the skin. Dr. Lucas actually describes it as the finest natural medicine yet discovered. Just like it says on the jar, you can use it for basically anything. I like to use it at night when I have a lot of break outs or really dry skin. I just apply it to my whole face and sleep with it. In the morning: less redness and no more dry patches.

 
What do I think about it?
I use it everyday for my lips and it's definitely the first thing I grab when I have a cut or a pimple. It also lasts very long. As I said I purchased 2 small tubes and a jar and they are not even close to used up. If you have dry skin or really irritated skin (think acne, eczema etc) I suggest you give Lucas a try.

Where can you buy this?
At the moment Papaw is really becoming a new trend and other brands that use Papaw are starting to emerge. This means that it is now also available outside of Australia, which is great. HOWEVER.. Lucas' Papaw Remedies has the highest amount of Papaw in it (39mg), so if you want to try it for its healing powers, I suggest you go for Lucas'. I paid $5,99 for the 25g tube and $11,99 for the 75g jar (this is in Australian Dollars).

If you want to know more about the original Papaw Ointment, go here. Other brands that have their own Pa(w)paw ointment are:

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!